The Double Grooved Titanium flashlight was initially a one-of-a-kind custom light that had some Silicon Nitride ball bearings embedded in the front of the light–that allowed the light to shine through, if the light were placed head down on a table–and thus would serve to notify the user that it was still on.
Many people liked the design enough to warrant a small production run of 50 light, about half were coated in the very durable PVD coating known as DLC–diamond-like coating. This rich, deep black is a beauty to behold and wears exceptionally well.
Double Grooved 6AL4V Titanium flashlight:
- DLC (diamond-like carbon) coated—very durable and very black and shiny
- 6AL4V Titanium
- AW RCR123 battery
- GD750 driver—single level output
- Trimmed IMS smooth 20mm reflector
- Seoul P4 emitter, bin U2SVNH
- Double-sided Anti-Reflection coated Sapphire lens
- Twisty light—just turn the head to turn the light on and off
- O-ring sealed, but not guaranteed waterproof
- Milled to accept up to five Tritium vials—1.55mm x 5.5mm
- Weight: 2.6 ounces/74 grams; Length: 72mm; Diameter: 24mm
Bare Titanium: $375
DLC Coated Titanium: $400